Home > Job Bank > Europe > Deputy Principal User Experience Manager
Deputy Principal User Experience Manager
Vodafone Group Services GmbH
Working in the User Experience department at Vodafone Global Marketing, you will be defining the User Experience of mobile phones, mobile internet applications as well as Web and PC based services and applications. You will be working with Vodafone global marketing & technology and be the UE interface for handset manufacturers, platform vendors and internet players to deliver best-in-class user experience. The user experience team is a very dynamic and international team with people from at least 10 different nationalities. The role is based in Düsseldorf, which has one of the highest quality of life ratings in Europe and even across the world. So join us and help us define and deliver exciting products for over 200 million Vodafone customers worldwide!!
The Deputy Principal UE Manager role has a specific focus on operational excellence, providing thought leadership and quality direction for programmes and projects led by the team. The person in the role also acts as ad hoc stand-in for Principal UE Manager duties and responsibilities.
Plan and deliver programmes of work as appointed by the Principal UE Manager
- Provide detailed definition of programmes.
- Direct programme activities to deliver agreed KPIs, scope, budget and quality.
- Manage external agencies as appropriate to deliver programmes.
- Institute, maintain and operate process checkpoints across all programmes and projects in order to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the work.
- Monitor activities across Vodafone that relate to the programme scope.
- Ensure stakeholders (including OpCos and Global teams) are identified for all programme work and that their needs are understood and applied.
- Provide regular feedback to stakeholders on the status of programme work, demonstrating how their needs are being addressed and managing expectations as appropriate.
- Provide regular management information and status reports to the Principal UE Manager.
- Escalate issues to the Principal UE Manager in a concise and timely manner.
Manage UE concept development projects
- Responsible for the UI implementation of Vodafone and partner services based on the Vodafone UE guidelines and specifications within the overall product delivery framework.
- Work directly with mobile phone manufacturers, mobile platform vendors and all major internet players to specify the highest quality user experience.
- Evaluate the usability and quality of the UI of mobile phones, platforms and applications during their development.
- Feed back identified UE quality issues to vendors and negotiate appropriate UI solutions.
- Manage UE quality issues, including tracking the resolution of issues throughout development projects, documenting UE compromises and internal escalation of unacceptable solutions.
- Liaise with the Senior Visual Designer and the global brand department to ensure delivery of terminal and platform UI according to brand and visual guidelines
Establish and maintain highest User Experience standards within Vodafone
- Work closely with the global terminals, marketing and technology teams to guide them through User Experience design for their projects, providing access to Vodafone global resources where appropriate and involving global stakeholders at key stages to ensure alignment.
- Prepare well-defined packages of user experience research work for external agencies (eg, user testing), engage agencies and manage delivery.
- Continuously improve and maintain UE standards and Vodafone UE guidelines in collaboration with other UE managers.
- Prepare the sign-off of mobile phone, web and platform UE deliverables and developments.
Contribute to building the best UE team
- Encourage user-centric practise across UE related activities in Vodafone.
- Encourage innovative approaches on programmes in order to achieve higher effectiveness.
- Identify & communicate relevant best practice and innovative approaches – within the team, within Vodafone, and in external organisations.
- Support coaching of individuals assigned to programmes of work to achieve programme and team related personal performance objectives.
- Provide input into resourcing decisions related to programmes in order to maximise skill utilisation and personal development objectives.
- Provide regular feedback to the Principal UE Manager relating to the performance and welfare of team members, and timely escalation as appropriate.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years experience in a commercial product and/or service development environment
- 2+ years experience in mobile related businesses
- Proven skills and track record in leadership, people management and project management
- Proven ability to drive effective delivery in cross-functional projects in a fast-moving, high-technology environment working with both internal and external resources
- Strong ability to influence and lead thinking up to senior management levels
- Awareness to understand and respond to the organisational and cultural factors in working across an international group
- Strong and consistent user focus, demonstrated through unfailingly putting the user and their needs ahead of features and technology
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats
- Technology grounding - sufficient high-level understanding to allow undaunted and informed assessment of likely technology and terminal impact on User Experience design
- Degree in Design, Design management, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY
Please use this link http://gs6.globalsuccessor.com/vodafone01/ and apply online for vacancy GPS1751.
For further information, please contact Stella Steigleder either on tel. +49 211 820 2083 or email@example.com.
Partners: Vi köper sterbhus Stockholm
I need to buy zithromax because I was exposed to chlamydia again after already being treated for it previously. Is it legal to buy antibiotics online without a prescription?