Home > Job Bank > User Experience Designer (Temporary-to-Permanent Staff Opening)
User Experience Designer (Temporary-to-Permanent Staff Opening)
Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Educational Testing Service (ETS), makers of the GRE® test, TOEFL® test, SAT®, Advanced Placement® tests and other educational products, is looking for an experienced and self-motivated User Experience Designer with impeccable application design skills and attention to detail to create wireframes for web applications, websites and other digital products. As a member of the Creative Services & Digital Strategy unit in the Marketing and Public Affairs division, this individual will help shape the user experience for customers worldwide, while helping to advance quality and equity in education.
- Translating client goals into user-centered designs
- Creating and presenting wireframes, mock-ups, process flows, information architecture, site maps and prototypes for complex web applications and websites
- Writing user-friendly copy for on-screen instructions, headings, button labels, link text and other content elements that affect a user’s experience
- Documenting high-level annotations and functional and design specifications
- Working closely with writers, graphic designers, web developers, business analysts and software engineers
- Reviewing and testing websites and applications to ensure that the designs are implemented according to the wireframes
- Analyzing audiences, tasks, user data and web analytics to inform the designs
- Conducting heuristic evaluations or usability reviews and providing recommendations for improving a website
- Conducting or coordinating usability tests, user walk-through sessions and other ways to test the designs and gather user feedback
- Creating design guidelines and sharing best practices.
Experience and Skills
This individual must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive science, computer science, graphic design or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role
- Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, designing user interfaces and defining information architecture and navigation for complex web applications and websites
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design techniques and best practices
- Strong visual design skills, demonstrating attention to layout, composition, typography, color and content/information design
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand, design and communicate a cohesive and consistent end-to-end user experience, beyond just the creation of wireframes
- The ability to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of specific design elements and articulate why a particular approach is best
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with clients, writers, designers, business analysts and developers
- Experience conducting user research and/or analyzing user data to inform design decisions
- Proficiency in Visio and Microsoft Office
- Portfolio of wireframes, site maps or other user experience design work, including examples of on-screen copy and annotations or specifications.
In addition, the following skills are considered a plus:
- Usability testing experience and familiarity with Morae or similar usability testing software
- Experience creating interactive prototypes (using Axure, iRise, Dreamweaver or similar software) that are suitable for demos, usability testing or adaptation by software engineers
- Knowledge of Section 508/accessibility requirements
- Experience designing within waterfall and agile development environments
- Copywriting and/or editing experience for websites and web applications
- Experience creating and documenting design standards for large organizations or for a wide range of sites
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of, or experience with, educational testing programs.
Length of Position
- This is a temporary contract position that is expected to transition to a permanent full-time employee position within a few months, if the candidate’s skills meet the needs of the company. Only those interested in an eventual full-time position should apply.
- Headquartered on a beautiful, 350-acre campus in Princeton, New Jersey, ETS offers its employees a broad range of benefits — ETS Total Rewards — that comprise not only compensation, medical and retirement benefits, but also work-life balance support, performance awards and recognition, and professional development and career opportunities.
Partners: Vi erbjuder Videotjänster Stockholm . Resource: Siteground vs Bluehost Review - Who wins? - socialbazinga.com
I need to buy zithromax because I was exposed to chlamydia again after already being treated for it previously. Is it legal to buy antibiotics online without a prescription?